During the High Summer Season (June through Mid-August) all rental properties with private pools are rented from Saturday to Saturday Only. Exceptions, if any, must be authorized in person
Destin Florida Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
Easy Street Vacation Rental (ESVR) homes are to be used as a vacation residence ONLY, and for the exclusive use (residence and pool) of registered tenants ONLY. Usage by non-registered guests are subject to usage fees and/or will be considered a breach of contract.
1. Minimum Age. Minimum age to rent from Easy Street Vacation Rentals is 25 years of age unless specific approval is provided in writing. Responsible College Students who post a Cash Damage Security Deposit and a Damage Security Bond will be considered. Please call for details and restrictions. Due to liability issues Street Legal Golf Carts that may come standard with certain homes are not available for use by guests under 25 years of age and are not available for use to vacationing college students and young non-family groups regardless of age.
2. Reservation Agreement. Guests acknowledge, understand, and agree that the moment Guests provide their credit card and reservation information, they have accepted the Terms and Conditions for renting and are obligated by those Terms and Conditions. ESVR Agents are authorized to charge said credit card for the rental amount agreed upon. Easy Street Vacation Rental Cancellation Policy will govern any cancellation, rescheduling, or change after the credit card authorization approval is received by Easy Street Vacation Rentals.
3. Advance Deposit. An Advanced Deposit equal to 50% of the total rental payment (rental, pet fee if applicable, taxes, cleaning fee, processing fee, and Damage Security Deposit or Bond) is required and must be received within THREE (3) days of initial reservation. If the advance deposit and signed Rental Agreement are not received within three (3) days of booking, the reservation is NOT confirmed. Full payment is due at least thirty (30) days prior to scheduled arrival date. Reservations made within thirty (30) days of arrival require payment in full. Full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival for long-term monthly rentals.
4. Payment Terms. If the initial payment is made by credit card, you are authorizing Easy Street Vacation Rentals to charge your credit card for the final payment due thirty (30) days before your arrival (60 days for long term rentals). In the event your credit card is declined at the time of the final payment, a reprocessing charge of $25 will be due in addition to the final rental payment charge amount. If final payment is unable to be completed within three (3) days, the reservation will be canceled and funds paid to date will be forfeited.
5. Travel Insurance. OPT OUT travel insurance protection is offered to all guests, which protects a guest from unexpected events such as hurricanes, illness, travel issues, pet services, emergency services, etc. The cost of the insurance is 6.95% of the non-refundable total reservation cost. If Travel Insurance is declined, the guest must sign a Decline of Coverage document within 10 days of original booking, to confirm that they have elected to decline travel insurance coverage.
6. Rental Rates & Amenities. From time to time other Internet sites will post our rental homes with and without our approval, and may not accurately reflect the current rates and terms of reservations. Easy Street Vacation Rentals does not accept the responsibility for the accuracy of other than the official Easy Street Vacation Rentals web site. The Rates, Terms and Conditions reflected on the official Easy Street Vacation Rentals official web site (www.easystreetvacationrentals.com) will be the governing rates and terms, and Easy Street Vacation Rentals is under no obligations to honor rates and terms offered by other sites that are in conflict with the official Easy Street Vacation Rentals web site.
7. Security Deposit Protection. At the time of booking, guest will have the option to purchase the Optional Security Deposit Protection plan for a nonrefundable fee of $65.00. This plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit that could occur during a guest's stay. The plan will pay a maximum benefit of $5,000.00. Any damages that exceed $5,000.00 will be charged to your credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse Easy Street Vacation Rentals, LLC for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $5,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance Policy. If guest chooses to purchase the Optional Security Deposit Protection Plan, guest will be required to also pay an additional $300 Refundable CASH Damage Security Deposit to cover incidental damages (not covered by the Rental Insurance Policy) or theft to the rental property, additional guest fees, additional cleaning fees, pet damage, excessive pet sheading, damage to the golf cart (LSV) or any other incidental charges, and all policies and conditions of rental are followed including exceeding the number of registered guests or Pets. If repairs are required or other fees due as a result of a guest’s stay, all or a portion of the CASH Damage Security Deposit will be forfeited and/or the guest’s credit card will be charged for the required amount. It is further agreed that guest’s liability shall not be limited to the loss of the Damage Security Deposit or the coverage limits of the Security Deposit Protection Plan in the event damages for which the guest and/or its assigns are responsible for and which exceed the dollar amount of the CASH Damage Security Deposit or Security Deposit Protection.
If guest declines the Optional Security Deposit Protection plan coverage, guest will be required to pay an additional CASH Security Deposit amount of $1,200.00 plus the $300.00 for a total of Refundable Damage Security Deposit of $1,500.00. Provided there are no damages to the property or other incidental charges incurred, security deposit will be refunded to the guest within 10 business days, and posted back to the credit card on file, or by check mailed to the guest.
College Groups or other non-family related groups will be required to pay a higher Damage Security Deposit based on the number of guests staying at the property.
8. PETS Allowed with PRIOR Approval. We know for many guests pets are like children. For this reason, pets are allowed with prior approval, and provided pet is housebroken, flea free, not prone to shedding, and not prone to damaging property. A non-refundable pet guest fee is charged for each pet that is approved. When requesting pet approval for a dog, breed and pet size information is required. Specific approval for a pet cat is required, although cats may be approved there are several homes where cats are not approved due to property owner requests or allergy concerns. Please note, cats brought without approval will be grounds for immediate eviction, which includes forfeiture of all deposits. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds, unless a protective cover is used provided by guest. There is an extra pet cleaning fee if evidence of excessive pet hair is found in the home. In addition to PET FEE, any damage done by a guest’s pet, such as chewing furniture, staining carpet (pet urine), digging in the yard, etc. will be charged against the guest’s credit card and/or deducted from the damage security deposit and the guest will be charged for carpet cleaning, odor removal, and flea spray if any evidence of a pet(s) is found in the rental home or on the premises. Pets are not allowed in the pool or hot tub. If evidence of pets in the pool is found an extra pool/hot tub cleaning fee will be charged. Also, we require that guests pick up after their pet when the pet does its business, whether on Easy Street rental house property or other areas and dispose of waste in a proper container. GUESTS WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF $10.00 FOR EACH POOP REMOVAL. All pets must be under the complete control of a responsible guest, and must be on a hand-held leash of an adult at all times when not in the fenced in yard. We do not limit pet size or breed, however aggressive or unruly dogs are not welcome for the safety of other guests and children in the area. If we receive one or more complaints regarding barking or aggressive pet behavior, the guest, with their pet will be asked to leave with forfeiture of all rents, pet fees and security deposit.
9. Golf Cart (Low-Speed Vehicle). Easy Street Vacation Rentals has a limited number of “Street Legal” Golf Carts (Low Speed Vehicle) available for Easy Street Vacation Rentals Guest’s use upon request. Some Golf Carts are designated for certain houses and others are designated for general use, and all golf carts are on a first come first served basis and upon availability. Golf carts are not for rent and do not come standard with any home, however when a Guest does request the use of a golf cart we do charge a Maintenance and Insurance Fee to cover the costs of keeping the vehicles maintained and “Street Legal” as required by the State of Florida, and to provide the proper type of insurance required by the State of Florida to cover our (Owners) interests. For Guests Usage of the Golf Carts, Guests need to (1) be 25 years of age or older, (2) provide a Copy of their valid Driver’s License, (3) provide Proof of insurance, and (4) sign a Hold Harmless Agreement. Golf Carts are not available for use by guests under age 25 years of age and are not available for use to vacationing college students and young non-family groups regardless of age. In the event Guests allow someone in their party under the age of 25 to drive the golf cart, the usage authorize will be terminated IMMEDIATELY with no refund of usage fees paid. Easy Street Vacation Rentals reserves the right to refuse usage service of a golf cart to any Guest for any reason.
10. SMOKING Permitted OUTSIDE ONLY. The guest’s Damage Security Deposit will be forfeited and the guest will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and deodorizing if ANY evidence of smoking is found inside the rental home. Smoking is allowed outside only, so please dispose of butts and other smoking materials properly. If cigarette butts are not disposed of properly and butts are found discarded on the premises, a Cleaning Fee of $5.00 per Butt will be charged and the butts will be mailed back to tenant to validate cleaning fees.
11. LIABILITY. It is expressly understood and agreed that the owner/manager of said premises, shall not be liable for any damages or any injury to tenant, tenant’s guests or his family or to his family’s or guest’s property from whatever cause arising from occupancy of said premises by tenant and his family and guests. It is further understood and agreed that owner/manager shall not be responsible for any personal property left by tenant in said premises.
12. Rental Payment. Rental payment is due in full, in advance thirty (30) days prior to arrival (60 days for long term guests). Payment is preferred by credit card, but also may be made by personal check, traveler’s check, cashier’s check, or bank money order. If paid by check and check is returned NSF, a return check fee applies. Personal checks will not be accepted less than thirty days prior to scheduled arrival.
13. No sub-leasing permitted. The rental agreement/reservation cannot be transferred to another party without prior written approval from Easy Street Vacation Rentals. Absolutely no exceptions for any reason.
14. Cancellation of Reservations. Cancellation of reservations must be made sixty (60) days or more prior to arrival. A cancellation fee equal to 20% of the total rental amount will be charged on all canceled reservations more than sixty (60) days prior to arrival. Late cancellations with less than sixty days notice (90 days for long term rentals) will result in forfeiture of the full advance deposit. Long-term, advance monthly rentals must give ninety (90) days notice of cancellation prior to arrival. Cancellation and/or early departure due to inclement weather does not warrant any refund of rent. The cancellation loss may be avoided if “Travel Insurance” is purchased. Written notice is required for all cancellations.
15. Hurricane Policy. Easy Street Vacation Rentals has partnered with CSA Travel Protection to provide our guests with CSA Travel Vacation Insurance Protection. All paying reservations have the option to include the travel insurance program at a fee of six point nine five percent (6.95%) of total non-refundable rental amount. The travel insurance fee is non-refundable. Should guest opt not to purchase travel insurance, please be aware that no refunds will be available for unforeseen developments such as illnesses, mandatory hurricane evacuations and the like. Please note that without Travel Insurance your trip investment could be lost.
16. Maximum Number of Guests. The standard rental rate for each house is based on a specific number of guests, specific to the respective house. For an additional fee and with approval from Easy Street Vacation Rentals, additional guests may occupy the house up to the maximum number for sleeping accommodations available in the respective house. Guests under 2 years of age are not included in the maximum number count. Violation of this policy will result in additional fees or the forfeiture of full rental payment and the Damage Security Deposit, at our option. Only registered guests are allowed to use the facilities of the home. There is an additional fee For “Day Guests” that use the facilities, including the pool. Reservations made under false pretenses results in forfeiture of full rental payment and the security deposit. Please note: the rental rate is offered based on a specific number of guests, which is typically less than the maximum number the house may hold or accommodate. In the event more guests arrive than are initially registered, additional fees will apply, including a nightly rate, unless specifically approved by owner/manager in advance.
17. Family Rentals Only! Easy Street Vacation Rentals is a primarily a family rental home business and does not normally rent to vacationing college students or young adults unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian unless specifically approved. Young guests over 18 may rent a rental home provided a parent signs the rental agreement and provides the credit card reserving the home. Young college students guests are welcome to rent homes from ESVR PROVIDED they agree to be bound by the rules established by ESVR for the conduct of college student rental guests. College Students that do rent and end up breaking our College Student Rules of Conduct may be evicted immediately with the loss of all rents and security deposit. Street Legal Golf Carts (Low Speed Vehicles - LSVs) that come standard with certain homes are NOT AVAILABLE for use by college students, due to liability issues. Minimum age to rent and use Easy Street LSVs is 25 years of age and older, with a valid driver's license. In addition, an Administration Fee shall be charged for any college groups that book OUTSIDE the normal "Spring Break" time frame for college groups. This extra fee is used to cover the additional labor associated with administering and managing college groups.
18. Rowdy Behavior. Our rental homes are monitored for rowdy or noisy behavior and all violators will be notified and asked to modify their behavior. Failure to comply will result in eviction and all rental payments and the Damage Security Deposits forfeited if continued rowdy or noisy behavior is noted. Parties and rowdy behavior will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate eviction. In the event we are notified of noise disturbance after 10:00 pm a $100 Noise Disturbance Fee will be charged, and may include eviction if behavior continues.
19. Alcohol/Drugs. No drinking of Alcohol beverages by guests under the legal drinking age of twenty-one (21) is allowed on the rental properties at any time. If Guests are arrested for underage drinking or for using illegal drugs on Easy Street Vacation Rentals properties or if Easy Street Vacation Rentals observes Guests under the legal age of twenty-one (21) drinking alcoholic beverages or using illegal drugs on the property, Easy Street Vacation Rentals reserves the right to immediately terminate the Rental Agreement and evict Guests with no refund or rebate. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
20. Check-in Time. Check-in time is AFTER 4 p.m. (CST - Central Time) on the check in date. Please do not show up early as we have a relatively short time to prepare the rental home for your stay and your early arrival distracts us from meeting our very tight cleaning and yard maintenance schedule. If guests do attempt to check in prior to the 4:00 pm check in time without prior approval, an EARLY CHECK IN fee will apply.
21. Checkout Time. Check Out time is 10 a.m. CST (sharp) on the check out date. Anyone staying past 10 a.m. on departure date will be charged for an extra day plus an additional $100.00 delayed cleaning fee. NO EXCEPTIONS!
22. Items Left Behind. Premises are to be left in clean, undamaged condition, and Guests must follow check-in and check-out procedures, along with the pet policy. Properties have been cleaned and inspected prior to Guests arrival. Guests must call Easy Street Vacation Rentals if any damages or defects are noticed immediately upon arrival or during the term of their stay. Properties found in excessively unclean condition or with any unique or special cleaning requirements will be subject to additional cleaning charges and billed directly to credit card on file or deducted from Security Deposits. Easy Street is not responsible for any items Guests leave behind intentionally or unintentionally on Premises. Agents will confiscate all items left behind unless Guests request it to be returned to them. Agents are authorized to charge a $25 handling fee plus applicable shipping costs for the return of any items Guests leave behind.
23. Housekeeping. The Cleaning Fee has been added to your Rental. You will be responsible for the some cleaning during your stay and for leaving the home in good and orderly condition at checkout. Please remember that you are staying in a privately owned “home” please treat it as you would want someone to treat your home. Check out procedures and requirements are posted in each house. If accommodations are left damaged or unusually messy (such as unwashed dishes, garbage left in the house or stains on the furniture or carpet), your Damage Security Deposit will be forfeited and/or an additional cleaning charge will be charged to your credit card. Please note, if the BBQ is used and not cleaned you will be charged a $50.00 Cleaning fee. This is the extra fee we are charged by our cleaning service. Guests are required to take out trash and put in trash receptacles for curbside pickup on posted trash pickup dates. Excessive trash not put in the container will require a extra trash pickup charge of $35.00.
24. Tropical Climate. Guest understands that insects, rodents and lizards unfortunately flourish in tropical environments. Guests understand that Easy Street Vacation Rentals makes their best effort to hold to an absolute minimum your interaction with these pests. Contact with a pest inside or outside of your rental unit is not reason for termination of this Agreement nor is it a reason for a refund of your monies. Any issues a Guest(s) has with the rental unit regarding pests or other issues must be reported immediately to Easy Street Vacation Rentals via email or by telephone at the number listing in the rental unit. Easy Street Vacation Rentals have a reasonable amount of time to restore rental to acceptable conditions. Any issues presented AFTER check out cannot be remedied and are not cause for compensation to Guest.
25. Good Neighbor Policy. The Easy Street Vacation Rentals homes are located in a mixed-use neighborhood that includes both short-term guests and year-round residents. Please be considerate of the neighbors with your noise and activities. We want you to enjoy your stay, but not at the expense of the neighbors. Guests are asked to conform to all rules and regulations of the property. Violators are subject to eviction with loss of rental payment and Damage Security Deposit. Parking is limited at most homes. Absolutely no parking on the street. No recreational vehicles are allowed without prior written consent (includes boats, trailers, RVs, jet skis, motorcycles, etc.). Guests that arrive with a recreational vehicle without proof of written consent will be charged $100.00 fee, and will be required to find their own alternative parking.
26. Keys. Two weeks prior to your arrival, you will receive by e-mail with driving directions and a code for the front door lock or lock box. The lock box is typically located near the front door, and contains a front door key to the home. This key is used to initially open the front door upon arrival and to lock the front door upon departure. Keys for day-to-day use, are located inside the house. Please make sure ALL day-to-day keys, are returned to the hooks where you originally found them upon your arrival. If any of the keys are lost, your Damage Security Deposit will be deducted or your credit card will be charged for re-keying all doors at the home. We are evolving into a key-less door entry system. Some home may now not have day to day door keys, and guests are asked to use the door combination each time they enter the premises.
27. Telephone & Internet Service. Since the majority of guests now use their own cell phone, telephone service will no longer be offered in the homes. However, Hi-Speed Unsecured Wireless Internet service is available at each of the homes.
28. Pool Use. Pool is to be used by registered guests only! No Diving in the pool or horseplay around the pool is allowed. Guests use the pool at their own risk. Please, no pets allowed in the pool. Children age 3 and under MUST wear approved swimming diapers when swimming in the pool. If a guest would like the pool heated, there will be an additional fee of $85.00 per day (minimum 3 days) or $500.00 per week for heating the pool with gas to a maximum of 85 degrees. NOTE: Requested higher pool temperatures will require a higher fee for the additional gas usage. If the pool gas heater is turned on without prior approval, the Damage Security Deposit will be forfeited and credit card will be charged. Pool heating WILL NOT be available when the outside ambient temperature is or is expected to be 60 degrees or less (pool heaters are not strong enough to heat the pool when temperatures are this low).
29. Gas Grill. A gas grill is provided for your grilling pleasure. The grill is NOT to be used as a charcoal grill. If you choose to use it as a charcoal grill your security deposit will be forfeited to replace the grill. If the tank goes empty during your stay, please contact ESVR during normal business hours for a tank replacement (limit: one (1) tank replacement during rental period). If the grill is used and not cleaned, you will be charged a $50.00 Cleaning fee. After each use and cleaning, please make certain the plastic/cloth grill cover is replaced. Be certain to turn off the gas after each use.
30. Linens/Towels/Supplies. Although linens are furnished, please bring your own beach towels and beach blankets as linens are not to be removed from the home. Any lost or damaged linens will be deducted from your deposit or charged to your credit card. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set up of trash liners and toilet paper is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
31. Repairs. Renter(s) agree to report promptly to ESVR Property Manager at (877) 432-7978 (toll free) any mechanical, electrical, plumbing or other problems with the premises. A form is provided at the residence to record any noted repairs of a non-emergency nature. In the event ESVR needs to enter the premises, ESVR will make every effort to schedule a time convenient to tenant. In an emergency, ESVR or his agent may enter the premises at any time without securing prior permission. Any service call requested by guests that is a result of guest action, abuse, misuse or negligence may result in a $100 service charge plus $35/hr of onsite labor and will be billed to guest’s credit card. NO refunds or rebates will be offered in conjunction with false or mistaken service calls.
32. Refusal of Service. Easy Street Vacation Rentals reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. All rental properties are rented without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or handicap. Due to liability issues, Agent will be unable to provide prospective renters with directions or keys to preview properties.
33. Termination By Owner/Substitutions. Easy Street Vacation Rentals strives to comply with all reservation requests for specific vacation properties. However, due to ownership changes, properties being removed from rental use, mechanical problems, or other unforeseen circumstances outside of Agent’s control, Agents cannot absolutely guarantee a specific property. Agents reserve the right to change property unit assignment to a comparable property without liability within a reasonable time frame should rental property become unavailable. A comparable property will have similar or better value, accommodations, function, unit amenities, or size as determined by the ESVR. No refunds will be offered when comparable properties are available. Should Guest decline the comparable property, Guest may reschedule or change their reservation to another available date and property at the published rates under the parameters of the rescheduling policy but no refunds will be offered. If comparable properties are not available, Guests will have the option of selecting from any other available properties for their reservation dates and pay or receive a refund of the difference in the total cost or may choose to receive a full refund minus a $50 processing fee under the parameters of this agreement.
34. Recourse/Disputes. Guest acknowledges that, if all rental monies have been paid, the maximum recourse the Guest has against Easy Street Vacation Rentals for any alleged breach of this Agreement is the amount of the rental paid or to be paid to Easy Street Vacation Rentals arising out of the Agreement. Guest understands that there are certain risks inherent to persons and property located close to the beach. Guest acknowledges that Easy Street Vacation Rentals would not rent the rental unless the Guest accepted these conditions and assumes the risks. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and be treated as though it were executed in the Okaloosa or Walton County, State of Florida. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted only in Okaloosa or Walton County, Florida. Guests specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
35. Indemnification and Hold Harmless. Guests shall be solely responsible for any property damage, accident or injury to any person or pet or loss sustained by any person or pet, including loss of money, jewelry, and other items of personal property, arising out of or in any way related to Guests use of the premises, including use of golf cart or the items of personal property provided by ESVR at Guests request. Guests shall inspect and be familiar with proper use and application of such items prior to using them. Guests hereby agree to INDEMNIFY and hold ESVR, its employees, officers; and/or Homeowners harmless from any and all claims including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to Guests and pets, use of premises, use of golf cart or the items of personal property provided therein. Guests hereby agree to hold ESVR and its employees, officers and/or Homeowner, harmless and to indemnify same against any and all claims that arise pertaining to any event during the course of rental as a consequence of any acts or omissions of ESVR and/or property owner, its agents, employees and officers. Guests assume the risk of injury or other losses relating to any recreational activities and will hold owner and ESVR harmless with respect thereto.
By acknowledging these TERMS AND CONDITIONS, guest understands and agrees to the above conditions and requirements for renting a home with Easy Street Vacation Rentals. Guest further agrees that if rental is paid by credit card, guest specifically authorizes the charging of their credit card for the total rental amount, any and all damage done to the premises or additional cleaning or other fees noted above that exceeds the Damage Security Deposit.